I've been wanting to bike to McKinney Falls for a while, but I had thought about biking there and hanging out there for a while and that never really fit in my plans. It didn't fit in my plans yesterday either, but I decided to go for it. I need to try routes other than the Southern Walnut Creek Trail for my training and this seemed like a good day to go on an adventure!
The ride was really nice. There were bike lanes pretty much the whole way except for the last bit heading up to the park entrance. That part was scary because cars were going 50 mph and were trying to drive past me in the same lane. It was dangerous! I don't understand how people can feel comfortable doing that. Riding a bike is often precarious... I could hit a rock or swerve the wrong way and fall down. They wouldn't have time to stop and they would certainly hit me.
I started biking right in the middle of the lane, which I should have been doing from the beginning, and that fixed the problem. I guess I was just used to being in the bike lane.
Anyway, I made it safely!
There was a really long line to get in the park. It was a beautiful day and I am glad that people were out enjoying this great park!
Here are pictures of the falls from my visit a couple of weeks ago. It had just rained so there was so much water.
I'm not sure which of these is the upper falls or the lower falls... but they're both beautiful!
Not too much else to report for that ride. The ride home was great, but uneventful and then Skylar and I went to Cafe Monet and painted some cool stuff!





No comments:
Post a Comment