Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Pedal Through the Pines

After the difficult ride that was Andice, Pedal through the Pines was really great! It was put on by the Family Crisis Center and it usually goes through the Bastrop State park, but there was construction so the route was changed a little bit. It still took place in Bastrop and the country roads were great.

The biggest plus of all was that Skylar rode with me!!! She did the 25 mile version and I did the 40 mile, but we got to ride together for a little bit. There was a pretty big hill at the beginning of the ride and I actually got through it pretty easily. I was passing people up all over the place! It was a nice confidence builder after last week's ride.

Skylar and I split off from each other and I continued on to the 40 mile route. It was hilly and windy, but not too bad. The sun was shining and it was warm. Overall a great ride!


I got to see this cute little church. And there was also a graveyard that I didn't get a picture of... But really not to much to report on this ride. No news is good news!




The end was a little weird because there was no celebration or anything at the finish line.. but we made our own post-ride party!


Overall, a really great ride and one I'd like to do again next year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment